1. I have too many clothes. I don't need more clothes. How many pairs of black pants can one girl have??
2. I have lost some weight-- I am trying to lose more. I don't need to buy anything until I'm down to my goal wight. Plus, my daughter has also lost some weight and is giving me her old clothes.
3. I want to simplify my life. I don't want my possessions to drag me down- which is what has been happening.
4. I have a wonderful trip I want to take next summer and I want to be able to shop there so I am saving my money for the trip---if I get to go.
5. I just flat out want to see if I can do it. I am working on self discipline--I hope I can do it.
So I haven't bought a thing since Memorial Day weekend- well except for a pair of sandals on sale at Neimans that no one in their right mind would have turned down!
But now it is fall and I find myself in a hard spot. All of the fall fashions are so wonderful!!! I love the above dress from Anthroplogie. Also- Ann Taylor Loft sent me an email about their latest sale. They have an adorable red sweater that I would love to have!!!
I hope I stay strong and don't give in to these temptations. I really want to keep this up. I'm gong on 3 months--- I can do this for 9 more.