Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Tomatoes I picked early one morning.
These are all the tomatoes I had to throw over the fence because the birds beat me to them. You can also see how dry it is here. This was before our 2 inches of rain.


Banana peppers have been great in summer dips and salsas.
Bell peppers!!
These are pictures of our garden from a few weeks ago. I got up one morning and picked tomatoes. At that time, we had an over abundance of tomatoes so I spent the morning freezing some. I peeled some and diced then put in freezer bags. Some i blanched then removed the skin and froze. We plan on enjoying them in stews and soups this winter!!



My son his home. He helped his dad in our garden, which by the way is about to play out. We will really miss the great tomatoes that we have had all summer.



We have had a very relaxing 4th of July weekend. My sister and her husband and son came to our house yesterday to swim and eat dinner. It was a great afternoon with laughing and a lot of eating. I made a great dip with black beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, and avocados to eat with chips. I wish I had taken a picture because it is a beautiful dip.

For dinner we made K-bobs. Meat, sausage zucchini and other veggies. They were delicious.


Happy 4th of July from our home to yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment